KIM University is a decade old institution which traces its origins to a 2005 decision by the Board of Directors that transformed the International College of Accountancy and Management (ICAM) into a degree awarding Institution. This gave birth to Kigali Institute of Management (KIM). By the beginning of 2016 KIM transformed itself into KIM University.
At KIM University, you study with ease. You get support from fellow students, academic and administrative staff, top management and Board of Directors. We do our best to make your stay and study at KIM University comfortable, we help you integrate very fast into the KIM University (KIMU) bigger family. We encourage you to make friends and become a friend to many. We believe in building networks. and lasting friendship, that make significant contributions to individual success. At KIMU no one is small or big we are one family.
Members of KIMU community are generous; they share ideas and resources and communicate with one another to enhance learning and to master business communication.
Members of KIMU community work hard and smart because they know each other by name and face and hence guaranteed support of one another. Individual members of the community aim high not just to be good, but to be the best in what they do whether as owners, staff or students. They aim at exceeding expectations.
We mentor our students and encourage a culture of aiming high, be it at pass rates in the undergraduate and graduate academic programs, or their future professional life. Through this culture of ambition the majority of them aim at getting a bachelor’s degree and a relevant professional qualification in their first three years of study at KIMU.
KIMU offers an opportunity for a double qualification combining a honours degree with a professional course. The double qualification makes our graduates more competitive in the labour market. They get jobs faster and with a good pay.
The Masters of Business Administration programme with specializations in Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Strategic Management, Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Project Management and Human Resources Management provides a multidisciplinary education with options for various career paths.
Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) with specializations in:
• Finance and Banking
• Procurement and Logistics Management
Bachelor of Science in Economics with specializations in:
• Health Economics
• Labour & Demography
• Financial Economics
• Agricultural Economics
• Environmental Economics
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with specializations in:
• Information Technology
• Information Systems
• Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
• Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) ICPAR
• Accounting Technicians Diploma (ATD) KASNEB
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) ICPAR
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) KASNEB
• Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS-UK)
• Certified Procurement and Supply Professional of Kenya (CPSPK)
• Diploma in Credit Management (DCM) KASNEB
• Diploma In Information Communication Technology- (DICT) KASNEB
• Certified Information Communication Technologist (CICT) KASNEB
• Certified Investment and Financial Analysts (CIFA) KASNEB
• Certified Credit Professionals (CCP) KASNEB
• Investment and Securities Technicians (IST) KASNEB
• Diploma and Certificates in Insurance – Kenyan College of Insurance
Join KIMU now and thereafter your life will change for better.